For chemical analysis of calculi from the urinary tract.
1. Dry Specimen collection cup
2. Specimen Requisition
3. Specimen Bag with a biohazard label
• Submit specimen dry for analysis.
• Label specimen container with patient name, specimen type and location.
• Submit all patient information following the procedure for "Completing a
Complete test requisition including last and first name of patient, patient's date of birth and social security number, body site and source of specimen collected. Label specimen container (using the labels provided on the requisition) with patient's first name and last name, and body site/source. The container must have at least two (2) unique identifiers. Examples of unique identifiers: patient name, DOB, unique bar code, etc. Include pertinent clinical information, i.e., previous malignancy, radiation therapy, drugs, etc. Place container in a specimen bag with a biohazard label. Place the requisition in the side pocket of the specimen bag.
924 Montclair Road, Suite 200, Birmingham, Alabama 35213 P: 888.553.8584 F: 205.591.5051